The JEEN project will improve the entrepreneurship, employability and economic opportunities of young people in the Tahoua and Zinder regions in Niger to reduce emigration of young people out of these areas.
The project has the following objectives:
- Improve the entrepreneurship and employability of young people, 40% of whom are women and 15% of whom are returning migrants;
- Increase their business, entrepreneurial and income-generating opportunities at the municipal level;
- Develop entrepreneurship among young people; support the development of youth leadership in the process of creating and developing businesses;
- Promote their financial inclusion and financial education;
- Enhance security through the culture of inclusive citizenship and the local brigade.